The weekend is almost here and you want to treat yourself to a very special breakfast? Why not try a traditional and super tasty French Cheese Omelette and start the day right?
This recipe is from 1864. Adding some Parmesan cheese to the egg mixture and then gruyere inside the omelette makes a whole difference in tasting two different cheeses in different textures. Here is the recipe for one omelette:
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 ounce (14gr) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounces (28gr) gruyere cheese, grated
- fine salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: nutmeg, freshly ground, to taste
- Optional: rosemary and thyme or herbs de Provence
- Break the eggs in a bowl and season to taste
- Add a little nutmeg and a bit of the herbs (optional) and the Parmesan cheese
- Beat the mix
- Add butter to a pan and let it melt at medium heat
- Put the egg mix in the pan and let it start cooking
- Add the gruyere cheese on top and fold the omelette in 2 or 3 parts
- Cook it for 1 or 2 more minutes (depending on how cooked you like your eggs)
- Take it out of the pan.
- You can sprinkle some fresh parsley on top and… Serve and enjoy!